Scanning all three


I ran. Last time I ran was in 2011.

Last year my goal in rehabilitation was to find running steps. For those who don't know, I was in an accident in 2011 and my situation got even worse in 2012. Suddenly walking wasn't something obvious. It took me years to get better and I'm still not fully there.

After that, I've had to give up many things. I had to give up skating and skiing for good (like I ever did that volunteering). I gave up dancing, that was a bit bigger deal...Although I have to clarify, what I called dancing may have seemed like cramps to other people. But still...I gave up "cramp dancing".

But back to the running. It was a really big deal for me to run after so many years. Like cramp dancing, this could have been called "you get there faster walking" kind of running, but it was still running. Not least because I was doing it while presenting Viikari to a vet for a lameness assessment and even the horse managed to trot by my side.

He did it in unexpectedly good behavior. Usually, he would run over someone, deciding the direction and speed, but not this time. He was looking (and worrying) after every step I took.

The look on the vet's face told it's own story of how it went. It was probably the worst performance he had seen, but not because of the horse was lame. He wasn't.

I was so sweaty and once again, hyperventilating. I was hoping for a shot of whatever sedative he gave Viikari. Other drugs would have been as appreciated as well. Gladly, this time I had Coke waiting for me in the car. It cures anything and helps with everything!




Good news was, there wasn't anything wrong with Viikari's feet or back.





The other two then?

Lego had raced, but not in his own level. He had begun to protest both shoeing and cleaning his hooves. Once he locked his back knee.

Venda was at the clinic because I tend to be hysterical. She had a minor injury on her left hind leg and I felt like it wasn't improving as well as I hoped.

After fully examined her, the vet told us there really wasn't anything wrong with her and I should relax. Same the other doctors had told me before this one..



Result: No osteochondrosis!

Lego got worse news. He's wasn't / hasn't been lame, but he has a major injury in his hind knee.

Both his hind knees had findings but the other one was really bad. His patella ligament had ruptured.

The doctors were hopeful, but this would mean a long break from racing.


- J



No comments

Thanks for your toughts!