Lego the haulier

Went to the woods with the little guy. It felt like real life Survivors, neither of us was sure if I was going to make it out of the woods..ever, but I ate snow and survived.

That sums up the arctic hike experience we had. It was fun, but it was rough and yes, we didn't go far.

The night before I went out with my sister. I don't drink much, but for the occasion, I had a few. One of the drinks was called The hell machine. What a prediction of how the night would go...I had fun don't get me wrong, but I could have done without few "experiences"! And my mouth felt like sandpaper for a few days.

Despite the mildly hangoverish feeling, we went hiking with Lego. The mooses we've been feeding during the winter months had abandoned the feeding spot so Lego got an important job. He had to carry 10 kilos of carrots to a spot in the middle of our backyard wilderness. The length of the trip wasn't necessarily long, just a kilometer or so, but the terrain was really rough to walk.


Whaaaaat!? Carrots should go to my mouth!

I hyperventilated most of the trip. Mainly because I forgot to breathe. Because my mouth was dry and I couldn't stop dreaming of Coca-Cola. My serious lack of training might have something to do with it as well I guess..I'm glad there was snow. I ate it with pleasure! For Lego, there was an occasional carrot for a reward.




Lego didn't question the hike at all which was a bit of a surprise. Venda was calling for him and we were going to a direction we hadn't gone before. When we reached the feeding spot, Lego knew it was time for his break and reward, he jumped right at the carrots.




Lego looked like a boss. Like he knew he had a job and he had done it well. While hiking back he made sure I was following and made it home safe. What a cutie! He would stop and wait for me patiently.

I guess we could/should do this more!

- J



When I finally got back and got my hands on a Coke it went and exploded

No comments

Thanks for your toughts!