Officials at the property: Stable inspection


I've heard it more than once. People call me weird (they don't mean it as a compliment, but I take it as one). They feel I'm an embarrassment. Whatever I do, there is always something to criticize. Even when things are done to perfection.

How I'm not able to do anything. How I know nothing.

I'm getting used to it. That's the reality where I've lived my whole life.

Sometimes I wonder how I keep on going/sane. How I manage to get out of bed every day. Not only because what I've been experiencing my whole life has an effect on anybody's mental well being, but because it would be impossible for someone with such limited capability to perform such challenging acts like sitting up, standing up and eventually putting on clothes.

Can you imagine? I even manage to drive a car. I do it every day.

When I began to build the stables with Vipsu, it was made quite clear it wouldn't be a success of any kind. I just couldn't do it. I have to admit I feel like that sometimes. But at the same time, I know what a local vet, who's been here during day/night/hard times, wrote on the report after making an official stable inspection:

We've done things the best way possible.




When standards have been set and reached, the stress comes from maintaining and taking everything to the next level. Wise would probably quit while winning, but...

Usually, inspections are made after an animal mistreat report made to officials. This wasn't the case. This year all stables holding over 6 horses were inspected. Well, the ones officials know about. We're kinda on the borderline. We have 6 stalls, but we had only 5 horses while the inspections took place. The officials thought they wouldn't inspect our stable and care, but I insisted.

I've been hoping for inspection since we started, just to know everything was on the code and nothing was missed.

I think all the stables should be checked. Even the small ones and especially those! We've done things as they should, we pay our taxes and we do things to the code and above, but how many small home stables do? Most small stables are hidden away and nobody even knows they exist. They are the places where its easier to mistreat animals, since no one's watching. Bigger stables usually have some traffic and more eyes.

After experiencing the stable inspection I have to wonder why so many think inspections are a purposeless nuisance. When everything is ok, there really isn't any reason to feel that way.

(And yes I'm aware there are certain officials who are drunken by power, but still, they're a minority.)



- Strange, yet excellent J



Ps. All thanks belong to Vipsu, she set the bar high! All sections were judged as being as they should, we even received an extra mention for the stables being in a tip-top shape as well as for excellent care and wellbeing of our horses.






No comments

Thanks for your toughts!