Lego's Lappeenranta race

The week before Lego's race had been somewhat dark for us. I felt like falling into a deep dark hole, once again. These dark moments often feed more darkness, but darker the moment, less light needed to make a change.

Lego shined more brightly than the October sun in the Lappeenranta races. His record didn't break, but the overall performance was excellent. We were holding our breaths until the end not sure if it was Lego winning the whole race.




Sometimes winning is close, just the muzzle length away. Lego came in second. But it was close.

Lego has offered us nothing, but success in harness racing since he came to us. Ok, it's only a few starts, but we've been rewarded every time and even his record has improved.




I couldn't be more proud of this team. They did excellently and we won decent money from the race. That's a nice bonus. This is how (pony-)racing at it's best can be. Excitement and success.

No matter how well you perform there is always that "I should've I could've"-moment where you think you could have done better. That's how you spend most of your drives home. Except I didn't, not this time. I was over the moon. I was so happy and excited. I wanted to hug the world.




I believe success is a reward of all the hard work. When you put your heart and soul to something, it feels that much better when success comes. Lego has gone through regular physiotherapy, and he's had a regular training schedule. His shoeing has been altered to ease his trot and overall movement. Looks like something has been done right.





- J

No comments

Thanks for your toughts!